Friday, May 18, 2012

MOTHERfucker (what grinds my gears)


 If I may, I would like to take a moment and vent about something that makes me insane with rage.
Now that hubby and I have been married for a while and I'm getting...older...I'm finding that people often make conversation by asking if we have kids.  No problem.  This is not my issue.  My issue is when people ask if we want kids or  when we're having kids.
umm...

This bothers me for the following reasons:
1.  This is a REALLY personal question.  If we are close enough for you to get away with asking me this question, then you already know the answer.
2.  What if I really want kids and my husband doesn't and it and it's a major source of tension?  What if one of us has fertility issues and I cry myself to sleep over it every night?  What if I just had a miscarriage?

     I'd now like to take this a step further.   Nothing makes me more furious than when I finally do tell somebody that I'm not interested in having babies and they do everything they can to convince me that I'm making a big mistake.  Babies were the best thing to happen to them!  Babies are the greatest!  Once I have my own, I'll feel differently about them!   Truth be told, I am envious of people that want or have babies and are happy with kids.  I want to want babies, but I just don't.
     I do not want babies.  I don't like babies.  I don't like kids.  When I was 4, my mother got pregnant with my little sister.  She tried to warm me up to the idea of having a baby in the house my pointing out a baby in the supermarket, saying "Katie, look at that cute little baby in it's stroller".  My response?  "I hate that baby.  That baby is ugly."   My feelings haven't really changed.
     Now knowing all of this about me, stranger I'm talking to at a party, do you really want to try and convince me that babies are NOT gross and that I should have one?   Do you think that it's a good idea to have a kid and hopefully learn to love it?  I kinda feel like that's maybe not the best idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment